Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Apprenticeship at level 2 at Vocational Training Services Care Sector Limited
The level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship is appropriate for learning staff whose responsibilities at work are closely supervised and who work under the direction of the class teacher. The framework provides training for the roles of Teaching Assistant, Classroom Assistant and Learning Support Assistant. Learners will gain knowledge of legislative guidelines, policies and curriculum requirements and how to implement them, as well as gaining literacy, numeracy and IT functional skills to support your work with children.
The level 2 Certificate is aimed at learners who undertake a broad range of activities that are often less routine and demand some level of independence or responsibility,
* Child and young person development
* Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
* Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
* Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
* Help improve own and team practice in schools
* Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
* Support children and young people’s health and safety
* Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
* Support learning activities
Assessment will take place by regular observation in the workplace.
Additional assessment will be through portfolio building of assignments, case studies and bservation of work based activities.
What are the entry requirements?
For Intermediate Apprenticeships there are no formal entry requirements, but candidates must be working in an appropriate position, and must be working over 30 hours per week. All candidates will need to undertake a literacy & numeracy assessment prior to starting the apprenticeship training.
Progression for Level 2 Intermediate Apprentices could include moving onto a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vocational Training Services Care Sector Limited directly.