Travel and Tourism BTEC Level 2 Diploma at South Downs College
The course is aimed at 16-19 year olds who are thinking of a career in the Travel and Tourism industry.
The Diploma is designed to fit within a one-year programme of study, providing you with the opportunity to embark on a qualification of substantial size.
The is a one year course consisting of seven core units and six specialist units:
- The UK Travel and Tourism Sector
- UK Travel and Tourism Destinations
- Delivering the Travel and Tourism Customer Experience
- The Development of Travel and Tourism in the UK
- International Travel and tourism Destinations
- Factors Affecting Worldwide Travel and Tourism
- Travel and Tourism Business Environments
- Marketing in Travel and Tourism
- Airports and Airlines
- Travel and Tourism Employment Opportunities
- Organising a Travel and Tourism Study Visit
- Promotions and Sales in Travel and Tourism
- UK Visitor Attractions
In addition, you will have to re-sit GCSE Mathematics and/or English Language to achieve your grade C.
You must meet the College entry requirements for a Level 2 vocational course of a grade D profile or equivalent.
A discussion will take place in an interview and again at course confirmation to ensure that this course is appropriate in type and level to your needs.
Two units will be externally assessed through examinations. There is also continuous Internal Assessment – this will take the form of:
- role plays
- and much more!
Additional costs – the course will have compulsory trips and costs will be advised as negotiated.
You may wish to seek employment or to progress to one of the following courses (subject to grades and reports from current tutor):
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Resort Representative Training
- Ground Operations
- Air Cabin Crew Training
- Other vocational Level 3 courses
The course will be enhanced by a range of visits to relevant travel and tourism facilities such as Thorpe Park and the Spinnaker Tower.
Please do not plan to take holidays during term time, this can seriously affect your overall grade and should be avoided.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Downs College directly.