Law A-level at South Essex College
This course will give you the knowledge and skills required to go on to higher education and pursue a career in this field.
System ref: #35254
- law making and the legal system: the different ways in which law is created, the sources of law, the various inuences that lead to a change in law by parliament and how the legal system works
- the concept of liability: what is required to be guilty of a crime, what is required for a successful civil action in negligence, criminal sentencing and civil sanctions
- criminal law: murder, manslaughter, non-fatal offences against the person, theft, robbery, burglary, fraud and possible defences
- concepts of law: law and morality, law and justice, balancing conicting rights, fault, judicial creativity
- English language at grade six/grade B or above
- maths at grade four/grade C or above
- three additional GCSEs at grade C or above
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
higher education at university or college to study medicine, dentistry, veterinary science, marine biology, forensic science, nursing or physiotherapy
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.