IT Entry Level Diploma at The City of Liverpool College
This Entry Level qualification will help you to improve your work and life skills. You will study a wide range of IT to help give you a broad taste of skills required to work in the IT sector. It is appropriate for a wide range of students including:
- 16-18-year-old students
- those seeking to develop greater independence
- those who have not yet achieved accredited qualifications
Study Programmes for students aged 16-18
At The City of Liverpool College you will undertake a personalised Study Programme, which will help you to achieve your ambitions and career goals.
All of our Study Programmes are designed to help you to develop your skills and widen your college experience.
What you should expect from your Study Programme:
- A substantial qualification e.g. GCSE, A level or vocational equivalent
- Meaningful work experience
- Help to achieve GCSE English and maths at grades A*-C if you do not already have them
- Practical activities that help your personal development including study skills, enrichment activities, employability training and classes in personal and social skills to get you ready for further education or employment.
- Support to enable you to progress to the next level of study or employment
English and Maths
English and Maths skills are vital for employment and to secure a place on courses at a higher level, including university.
We have a team of tutors who will work with you to achieve these essential qualifications and enable you to apply these skills in your day to day activities and work.
Since September 2013 any young person who does not achieve their GCSE in English language and mathematics at grade C or above will have to continue their studies at college. Students who have a grade D in either subject must study these subjects at GCSE level.
Units are varied and cover:
- Presentation Software
- Spreadsheet Software
- Using ICT Systems
- Database Software
- Mobile IT Devices
- Internet& Email
- Website design
You will also study English Maths as well as Personal and Social Development.
You do not need to have any formal qualifications in IT but you will need to show that you have a sound interest in the area. You will need to be at Entry Level 2 or above in English and Maths (GCSE grades F and G). You must also show that you are keen to complete your studies and that you can behave responsibly in a professional environment.
Successfully achieving this qualification will allow you to progress to level 1.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The City of Liverpool College directly.