Health and Social Care Diploma (2 A levels) at Prospect School
'The Cambridge Technicals are a new generation of vocational courses developed through the exam board OCR’s links with the University of Cambridge. They are aimed at people who enjoy learning in a practical, work-related way and have been designed to provide high quality, industry recognised qualifications that acknowledge skills, knowledge and understanding of the sector, together with the settings, job roles, principles and values involved.
The mandatory units of study are:
- Building Positive Relationships in Health and Social Care
- Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care
- Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care
- Infection Control, Anatomy, Person-Centred Approach to Care and Safeguarding.
- GCSE English at grade 5 or above
- Four other GCSE grades at C or above
This subject is ideal preparation for Nursing, paramedical science, occupational therapy, social work, youth work and primary teaching. It also offers a good route into apprenticeships in Health and Social Care, including working with adults who have learning disabilities, working with older people, dental nursing, nursery nursing and play work.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.