Business BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Seevic College
This is an exciting and dynamic business course led by a professional team of dedicated business professionals.
You will study a programme that looks into the modern business environment, helping you develop a strong set of vocational business skills that will prepare you for entry in to the changing and exhilarating business world. The course could also lead into a wide range of professional and higher education opportunities.
You will study key business topics and disciplines including: business resources, marketing, accounting, business ethics and organising a business event. In your second year you will be given the option of two different pathways: entrepreneurship, which will allow you to actually start your own business in college, or a marketing and retail pathway.
- Business Environment
- Business Resources
- Business Communications.
- Internet Marketing
- Starting a Small Business
- Business Accounting
- Managing a Business Event
- Business Ethics
- Managing Teams
- Fashion Retailing
- Visual merchandising.
- Five GCSEs (minimum) Grade C/4 or above including English Language or Maths. If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa.
- A Level 2 BTEC Diploma or above and GCSE English Language or Maths at grade C/4 or above.
- Grade C/4 or above in GCSE English Language.
You’ll learn theoretical Business concepts and principles within a vocational setting; working independently or within a team on coursework projects to ensure your success. All units are assessed by a range of set projects involving practical investigations, presentations, case studies and team-based tasks. Some class activities may be within time-constrained conditions.
- You could progress to a number of Business related degree programmes, including: banking, financial services, marketing, events management, accounting, Business management or law.
- Many students also progress directly to full-time employment in key industries, such as: banking and financial services, marketing, retail management, office administration and public services.
- Former students have gone on to a wide variety of degree pathways and careers in Banking, Mortgage Brokering, Retail Management, Event Organisation and Marketing.
- The course will embellish the true spirit of business and enterprise and will challenge students at all levels.
- There will be a number of engaging course trips where students can observe and see businesses working in an organic fashion.
- There will be a number of selected guest speakers from industry sharing their experience and real life work knowledge.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Seevic College directly.