Brickwork Diploma Level 1 at Sunderland College
This course is for anyone who wishes to enter the construction industry in their chosen craft. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions, and the test(s) are based on what you can do as an individual through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification.
- General core units;
Unit 101/501 Principles of building construction, information and communication
Unit 201/601 Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Occupation specific units;
Unit 102 Contribute to setting out and building of masonry structures up to damp proof course
Unit 103 Carrying out blockwork activities
Unit 104 Carrying out bricklaying activities
Unit 105 Carrying out cavity walling activities
- Practical assessments
- Online/paper-based testing of knowledge
- Functional Skills in maths and English are also integrated into the course
- Study programme
You will need either:
- A minimum of one GCSE at grade G in any subject.
- A 14-16 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment at level 1-3
- A BTEC Level 1 or 2 Introductory Certificate and Diploma in Construction
- A level 1 Certificate/Diploma in Construction Skills
You will learn through a variety of methods including: classroom teaching / craft workshop activities / library and learning resource centre work / information technology activities / tutorials / directed work with other students/ directed study in the learning centre.
Upon completion of the level 1 course you could progress onto the level 2 Diploma or you could apply for an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sunderland College directly.