Art & Design: Fine Art A Level at The Knights Templar School
The main purpose of the Fine Art course is to develop your ability to appreciate the visual world and to enable you to respond in a personal and creative way. The art department staff devise and implement projects which encourage you to:
- Question all preconceived notions of art and personal ability
- Trust your creative instincts
- Express your ideas and feelings through the controlled use of a broad range of materials and techniques
- Investigate and relate to all the evolutionary processes that are inherent in the development of good artwork
- Articulate issues relating to the work of other artists from a variety of cultures, past and present
This course offers students the unique experience of generating and creating meaningful and potent works of art. It is for those who really want to discover what kind of artists they are and who want/need to express themselves in a uniquely visual way. The diversity of the course makes it ideally suited if you intend to go on to Foundation Course and Degree courses specialising in Fashion, Textiles, Film/Animation, Ceramics, Graphics, Furniture, Interiors & Jewellery design.
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Maths, for a full level 3 programme.
Students need to have achieved at least a grade C at GCSE in Art or Art/Graphics in order to take this course
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Knights Templar School directly.