Information and Creative Technology - BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Extended Certificate at Sir William Ramsay School
Students who take a BTEC First Extended Certificate in ICT are those who have a keen interest in Information Technology and how it is used. They enjoy studying a subject that is relevant to their own lives and experience and want to find out more about ICT through personal restearch and investigation. The course allows students to gain essential skills through a series of task based research projects that will give a key insight into the working world and the world of business and commerce.
- This BTEC enables students to develop their understanding and practical skills through examining work related information technology systems.
- Students develop their skills in a range of software applications, looking at the way data is handled in and communicated in organisations, using information technology.
- The course permits students to become proficient in key ICT skills and analysis including the concepts involved in commercial and industrial application of ICT.
There are 360 Guided Learning Hours that must be completed, which may include the following:
- Automated Computer Systems - coursework
- Website development - coursework
- The Online World - on-screen test, externally assessed, exam conditions
- Technology Systems - examined, externally assessed, exam conditions
- A Digital Portfolio - coursework
- Creating Digital Video - coursework
- Multimedia Product Development - coursework
- Software Development - coursework
This one-year course is aimed at students who have a genuine interest in information technology; no prior knowledge is required.
Students successful on this course could progress to a BTEC Level 3 National or equivalent ‘A’ level study. Other students may wish to seek employment in the ICT Industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sir William Ramsay School directly.