Travel and Tourism Level 2 Diploma at Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College
On this course you will study approximately nine units. This course will develop your knowledge and understanding of the travel and tourism industry. The units you will cover include:
- Worldwide travel and tourism destinations,
- Customer service and selling skills,
- Retail travel services,
- UK travel and tourism destinations,
- Interpersonal skills for the travel and tourism workplace,
- An introduction to the cruise industry and
- How to meet and greet in the travel industry. This will make up part of your study programme and so alongside this you will also study English and maths, have at least 5 days of work experience and complete some enrichment activities. You will also have a tutorial session with a tutor where you will set targets and get feedback on your progress.
You will need:
2-3 GCSEs grades A-D or a level 1 Diploma in Travel & Tourism or in a related subject English and maths at level 1 or equivalent.
You will also be required to attend a college interview and sit a literacy and numeracy assessment test.
This course is assessed through a range of different forms such as written assignments, in class tests, roles plays and presentations. However, you will also have some online exams.
Your work will be graded as Pass, merit or distinction for each unit.
A City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma prepares you for employment and provides a good grounding to progress onto a more advanced course such as a Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism.
Career opportunities in this sector include: Hotel Receptionist, Travel Agency Consultant, Airport Customer Services Agent, Overseas Holiday Representative, Cabin Crew, Cruise Ship Purser, Tourism Marketing Assistant, Brochure Production Assistant and Reservations Staff.
You will learn in dedicated classrooms and in our mock aircraft cabin. Learning also takes place through various trips and visits throughout the year in the UK and overseas. The cost of the overseas visit is approximately £300 the deposit for which would be expected within the first term. You will also require an atlas (supplied by the college) at a cost of approximately £30 (this will be confirmed at enrolment).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College directly.