Professional Cookery Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at Lincoln College
The Professional Cookery Diploma at level 3 is specifically designed as advancement from the level 2 Professional Cookery.
Candidates will not normally be allowed to progress to level 3 without having first successfully achieved level 2. Most areas covered in level 2 are also covered by level 3; however, whereas the keyword at level 2 is ‘basic’, this changes to ‘complex’ for level 3. Candidates are already qualified chefs and this qualification is designed to ‘hone’ and ‘fine tune’ the skills learned whilst at level 2.
• Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
• Maintain the health, safety and security of the working environment
• Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
Optional Units may include:
• Prepare, cook & finish complex fish dishes
• Prepare, cook & finish complex meat dishes
• Prepare, cook & finish complex poultry dishes
• Prepare, cook & finish complex vegetable dishes
• Prepare, cook & finish complex soups
• Prepare, cook & finish complex bread & dough products
Additional components of The Professional Cookery Apprenticeship:
• Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths, English (unless otherwise exempt)
• Employer Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
• A Technical Certificate
• You must be aged 16 or over, not in full-time education or training and have been resident in the UK / EEA for at least three years
• Candidates are required to have successfully completed the Professional Cookery Diploma at level 2. In addition, they will be expected to be able to work at a minimum of Level 1 in Numeracy and Literacy
• A suitable work placement
This qualification is delivered entirely in the workplace and the only requirement for college attendance will be to sit various short courses offered to the learner at various stages throughout their apprenticeship.
• Career progression within their current employment
• Foundation degree in Hospitality Studies
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lincoln College directly.