Carpentry & Joinery Level 1 at Gateshead College
Designed to develop your skills and knowledge in carpentry and joinery to prepare you for employment.
The course is made up of the following units:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
- Produce woodworking joints
- Prepare and use carpentry and Joinery portable power tools
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others.
- 2 GCSEs grade D or above, ideally including maths and English or equivalent.
- We welcome all applicants without any prior experience or knowledge in this area.
- You will need motivation to achieve and have a passion to gain skills enabling you to progress this as a career in the future.
- You will be assessed throughout the programme by use of practical assessments within our workshops and also via online assessments.
- You will also need to build a portfolio of evidence that will be submitted to the awarding body at the end of the programme.
On completion, you'll be able to progress to:
- Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry
- Level 2 Diploma in Bench Joinery
- Level 1 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations
- An Apprenticeship
Fast track to an apprenticeship
You can start on this programme and fast track to an apprenticeship once you’re ready and a vacancy becomes available. Sign up to our apprenticeship alerts and we’ll keep you up to date with all the latest vacancies. Plus our team will help you with your CV or application and help you prepare for interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gateshead College directly.