Carpentry and Joinery (Level 1) at Central College Nottingham
The initial first five weeks consists of an Introduction to the Carpentry and Joinery course, where you will gain a college certificate.
- Know how to and produce basic woodworking points
- Know how to and maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
- Know how to prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- Know how to and carry out safe working practices in Construction
- Knowledge of and use of information, quantities and communication with others
- Knowledge of and use of building methods and construction technology
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades D-G including English Language and Maths
- A relevant Entry 3 qualification, plus you will need to complete an English and Maths assessment to determine the right course and support for you.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
Each unit is continually assessed. You will present evidence of competence via practical assessments and the production of a personal portfolio. You will also need to sit a GOLA exam at the end of the course or individual modular exams.
- If you are employed and have access to work based evidence you may be able to enrol onto a NVQ in Site Carpentry
- If not, you may progress onto a Diploma Level 2 in either Bench Joinery or Site Carpentry
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.