Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair - Level 2 Diploma at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
On this course you will learn the skills and knowledge for a career in the motor vehicle industry. In the purpose-built centre you will work alongside industry experts to study engines, chassis, transmissions and frames, and health and safety.
- Health and safety
- Workshop practice
- Suspension and braking systems
- Vehicle electrics e.g. lighting, starting and charging systems
- Engine and transmissions
- Petrol and diesel engines
- Ignition systems.
- Four GCSEs with at least 3 points (grade D) including English and maths with 3 points (grade D) OR
- A Level 1 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair, plus GCSE English and maths with 3 points (grade D) or Functional Skills Level 1 in English and maths.
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
Mature students (those aged 21 or over) who do not have the qualifications required for entry may still be eligible, subject to an interview. Relevant experience, a strong portfolio of work and a commitment to the subject you wish to study may be acceptable for certain courses.
You will complete a portfolio of evidence including practical assessments, online and written exams for each topic you study. You will also be expected to pass an exam in one Functional Skill.
What can I go on to study?
- Work-based study such as NVQs (in a related area)
- Level 3 Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle technicians, mechanics and electricians
- Vehicle body builders and repairers
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.