German A-Level at All Hallows Catholic College
We will be offering the AS level course in German. This will become a full 'A' level course when the second year (known as A2) is undertaken.
Requirements of Students
In addition to the completion of written and learning assignments inside and outside class, students must be prepared to:
- Speak German as much as possible
- React, discuss and be involved
- Take an interest in countries and peoples where the language is spoken
- Work individually and in groups
- Read and listen to German as widely as possible
- Take every opportunity to visit countries where the language is spoken
- Learn and use new vocabulary and structures they will encounter.
Nature of the Course
Much of the course involves increasing the student's ability in the four skills of listening, reading, speaking and reading the German and is based on the study of spoken and written texts. These texts will form the basis of comprehension work and language analysis, including grammatical structures, and will often be the starting point for spoken and written discussion and development work. They will be from a wide range of sources and on a wide range of topics, although emphasis will be given to material about contemporary society, work and leisure and the topics studied in detail for the written essay and oral discussion.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact All Hallows Catholic College directly.