Civil Engineering Level 1 at West Herts College
The world of civil engineering can lead to a host of different career opportunities, ranging from structural engineering to environmental engineering.
This course will help develop your core understanding of the industry, and help develop work based skills preparing you for employment. If you have a passion and interest in the development of infrastructure, then this is the course for you.
During this course you will explore different areas of engineering such as structural, transportation, environmental, maritime and geotechnical, allowing you to find the area that most interests you.
Compulsory units include:
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction and the Built Environment
- Sustainable Construction
- Mathematics in Construction and the Built Environment
- Science and Materials in Construction and the Built Environment
- Construction Technology and Design in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Surveying in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Construction in Civil Engineering
- Some optional units include:
- Project Management in Construction and the Built Environment
- Structural Mechanics in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Civil Engineering Construction
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Design for Construction
- Property Valuation in Construction
4 GCSEs A*-C, including English or maths, or successful completion of the level 2 course.
This course could set you up for a career as a town planner, civil engineer, architect, designer or facilities manager.
After completion of this course, you can choose continue your studies at university or on a higher apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact West Herts College directly.