Personal Training & Instruction-CYQ Level 3 Diploma at Hertford Regional College
This course is aimed at individuals aged 16 plus, who want to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a self-employed or employed personal trainer with specialisms in outdoor fitness and sports conditioning. It equips learners with specialist knowledge, understanding and skills relevant to the role of the personal trainer. This qualification can be used as a platform for progression on to further learning within the health and fitness or active leisure sectors.
What will I be doing on the course?
This course comprises of 10 mandatory units totalling 48 credits.
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health.
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
- Planning and delivering group exercise sessions in the outdoor environment
- Exercise programming for sports conditioning
- Business and marketing for the fitness professional
Learners are required to gain 48 credits to be awarded the qualification.
In addition, it is intended to offer further bolt-on qualifications in massage, instructing outdoors and potentially boot camp delivery. These are to be confirmed.
- A Gym Instructor Level 2 qualification
- English and maths GCSE at C grade or above or Functional Skills at Level 2
You will be assessed by a combination of continual assessments and exams.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
This qualification can lead to employment or self-employment as a personal trainer, it also provides progression onto other qualifications at the same and higher level programmes for example:
- Apprenticeship in Exercise and fitness
- CYQ Level 3 Award in Programming and Supervising Exercise with Disabled Clients
- Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage (Soft Tissue Therapy)
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
Trips visits and enrichment activities which include vocational guest speakers, as well as the use of an on site gym. You may also study functional skills or GCSE in either maths or English.
What will I need?
- HRC Sports kit £100*
- Personal stationery and a memory stick
*Please note that these costs may be subject to change
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.