Animal Management Level 3 90 Credit Diploma Yr1 at Highbury College
The BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma in Animal Management provides you with the knowledge, understanding and skills for employment or further education.
Many students progress to an Extended Diploma, which is equivalent to 3 A levels.
Below is an example of some units you might cover:
- Unit 1 – Understand and Promote Animal Health
- Unit 3 – Anatomy and Physiology
- Unit 5 – Plan and Monitor Animal Feeding
- Unit 6 – Manage Animal Accommodation
- You will need four GCSEs at grade A*-B including English, Maths and Science or a full Level 2 qualification, at merit or distinction grade, with literacy and numeracy at the appropriate level.
- Evidence of previous work experience would be useful and a willingness to work in the industry and the ability to succeed are very important.
- Subject to interview and assessment.
You will need to complete assignments for each unit, which will be assessed and graded. Some assignments will be internally assessed and some externally. You will review your work with your tutor and receive feedback on your progress.
The majority of students who complete the programme study for a further year to gain a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highbury College directly.