Performing Engineering Operations (Marine) EAL Award Level 2 at Southampton City College
This course will give you the opportunity to learn elements of marine engineering, woodworking skills and composite moulding. From these subjects you can choose your preference in marine engineering, wooden boat building or composite boat building. Marine engineering will cover marine engine maintenance and basic bench fitting skills. Boatbuilding will consist of marine joinery and an introduction to Glass Reinforced Plastic composite moulding.
- Safe working in the marine sector
- Working with others
- Technical drawing and documentation
- Producing components from metal
- Producing components from wood
- Producing composite mouldings
- GCSEs grade A*-D (including English, maths and science)
- Level 2 Marine Engineering, Boat Building or Composites
- Apprenticeship in Marine Engineering, Marine Electrical or Boat Building
- Entry-level employment in marine construction or engineering
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southampton City College directly.