A Level Spanish at St Peter and St Paul, Catholic Voluntary Academy
- To develop an interest in, and enthusiasm for, language learning.
- To develop understanding of the language in a variety of contexts and genres.
- To communicate confidently, clearly and effectively in the language for a range of purposes.
- To develop awareness and understanding of the contemporary society, cultural background and heritage of countries or communities where the language is spoken.
- To encourage students to consider their study of the language in a broader context.
5 GCSE grades A*
-C including grade B or above in Spanish. The course will suit those with a passion for language, culture, travel and current affairs who wish to build on good written and verbal communication skills. Students will be expected to describe, explain and evaluate as well as offer and justify their opinions in Spanish in both speech and writing. They will also be required to understand a variety of
authentic spoken and written texts from a
range of topic areas.
An A-Level in Spanish will enable students to continue to study the language at degree level. It will also furnish them with the necessary skills to learn other languages ‘ab initio’. Language skills are high-ly respected and sought after in the workplace. Linguists can
become Translators and
Interpreters. They may find
positions in the European Union, United Nations and other
professional areas where language skills are required, for example business, law and medicine.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Peter and St Paul, Catholic Voluntary Academy directly.