NCFE Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics (Level 1) at Be Totally You
This qualification aims to allow learners to work confidently, effectively and independently in life, by developing practical skills in Mathematics which can be transferred across situations and contexts.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- apply their knowledge and understanding to everyday life
- engage competently and confidently with others
- solve problems in both familiar and unfamiliar situations
- develop personally and professionally as positive citizens who can actively contribute to society.
The NCFE Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics (Level 1) consists of one mandatory component:
- Component 01 – Mathematics
To be awarded the NCFE Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics (Level 1), learners are required to meet the requirements of the skills standards by successfully meeting the mandatory external assessment. Grades are not awarded.
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who want to develop practical and transferable skills in Mathematics.
There aren’t any specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged pre-16 and above.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Functional Skills qualification in English – Level 1
- NCFE Functional Skills qualification in Information and Communication Technology – Level 2
- NCFE Functional Skills qualification in Mathematics – Level 2
As this qualification develops transferable skills which will be useful in work and life, learners could also progress onto a variety of NCFE qualifications in Employability, Money Management, or vocational areas.
This qualification is also an integral part of the Apprenticeship and Diploma frameworks.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Be Totally You directly.