Music and Music Technology Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Are you passionate about music? Would you like a career in the music industry?
This course gives you a valuable insight into the music and music technology sector. You will learn topics such as: how to plan and create a music product, and how to work as a musician, both solo and as part of a group.
You will learn how to record and produce music, and you will explore relevant computer software that is used in the music industry.
It will also help to develop a range of practical skills and techniques, preparing you for work and study at an advanced level. This will include looking at a range of music and computer-based topics, as well as studying popular music performance and recording.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical sessions and workshops
- Classroom activities
- Group work, as a whole class or in specialist groups
- Self-directed study
- Personal tutorials
Throughout the course you will benefit from our state-of-the-art facilities, which will vary by campus. These include recording studios, musical instruments, mixing facilities, live rooms, Mac digital manipulation suites, practice rooms, and student lounges.
- A minimum of two GCSEs typically at grade C or above; or
- A Merit grade in a relevant Level 1 qualification.
- A range of prior experience can also be taken into consideration, such as a high level of musicianship or technical ability.
- All students should be passionate about the subject.
- All places are subject to satisfactory interview and audition.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Some units are assessed externally (both written and practical assessments)
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios and logbooks of activities
- Performance and observation
Completion of this course gives you a range of options in education and employment.
Many students will choose to progress onto a relevant Level 3 course within Grŵp Llandrillo Menai. This will continue to develop your professional and creative skills at a more advanced level. You could also choose to apply for a course in a different subject area.
You could progress onto a number of advanced Level 3 courses at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
Music and Music Technology Level 3, available at:
You will also have potential employment opportunities within the music industry, the creative industries and the technology sector either directly or after additional education. This includes careers as a musician, producer, broadcast engineer, entertainment manager, composer or teacher.
- Conference Centre Manager
- Events Manager
- Sound Engineer
- Studio Producer
- Theatre Manager
Programme code: 0901C02B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.