Hairdressing - NVQ Level 3 (Apprenticeship) at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Are you currently working in a hair salon? Are you looking to develop your career and your technical skills? This apprenticeship course helps you to progress into top hairdressing jobs, including managerial roles, work as a demonstrator, positions in leading salons and jobs on cruise liners. It is also one of the only acceptable qualifications for work abroad, giving you even more options for success.
The course is suitable for students progressing from a relevant Level 2 qualification, or from existing professional knowledge. You must be currently employed in the industry and looking to study on a day release basis.
The course is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Theory classes
- Practical workshops
- Real salon environments at the College
- Commercial sessions
- Role play exercises
- Group work
- You must be currently employed in a hairdressing salon
- You should have a Level 2 hairdressing qualification, or equivalent professional knowledge
- You must be enthusiastic, committed and willing to learn
- You must have a calm, caring personality and well-groomed appearance
- You will be required to attend an interview and provide a reference
- You will be expected to purchase kit, uniform and books, costing approximately £270 (subject to change)
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The course is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Portfolio of practical assessments for each unit
- Assignments and tasks
- Multiple-choice tests covering the underpinning knowledge
- Your behaviour will also count towards your assessment, in terms of maturity, development, interaction and communication
The Level 3 qualification will help you progress in the right direction towards a challenging career. You will be able to seek additional responsibilities in your workplace, and may be able to work in a supervisory or managerial role. You will have a range of options for working as a stylist, in salons across the UK and in other countries.
If you want to advance further in education, you may have the option of proceeding into Higher Education on either a full-time or part-time basis. You could undertake a City and Guilds Higher Professional qualification at a number of institutions, which would enhance your skills and employability even further and give you a qualification at Level 4 or above.
- Beauty Therapist
- Holistic Therapist
- Nail Technician
- Salon Manager
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.