Physical Education at Ribston Hall High School
The aims and objectives of this qualification are to enable students to:
• develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge to improve performance
• understand how physiological and psychological states affect performance
• understand the key sociocultural factors that influence people's involvement In physical activity and sport
• understand the role of technology in physical activity and sport
• refine their ability to perform effectively in physical activity and sport by developing skills and techniques and selecting and using tactics, strategies and/or compositional ideas
• develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance • understand the contribution which physical activity makes to health and fitness
• Improve as effective and independent learners and as critical and reflective thinkers with curious and enquiring minds.
GCSE B or above
Content and Assessment Overview The Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Advanced GCE in Physical Education consists of two externally examined papers and two non-examined assessments.
Components 1 and 2 will be assessed in May/June in any single year.
Components 3 and 4 may be assessed at any point during the course, with marks submitted by the centre prior to moderation. Moderation will take place in the same year as the written examinations.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ribston Hall High School directly.