Physics at St. Katherine's School
Physics A level considers how and why things work.
The course covers:
• The theory of light as both a wave and particle (wave-particle duality)
• Calculation of the wavelength of a human
• The physics behind Einstein’s Nobel Prize
• Special relativity
• Use radioactive sources
• Half –life
• Our place in the universe
• How a TV works
• The coldest temperature ever
• How air balloons work
• Car Crashes
Physics A level is very different from GCSE Science. There is much less remembering facts and much more about asking WHY?
GCSE grade B or above in Physics or Additional Science and ideally a grade B in Maths.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St. Katherine's School directly.