Mathematics A Level at Chew Valley School
Opportunities to study Pure Maths, Mechanics and Statistics
The course will enable students to:
- Use mathematical skills and knowledge to solve problems
- Solve problems by using mathematical arguments and logic
- Simplify real-life situations so that mathematics can be used to show what is happening and what might happen in different circumstances
- Use maths in real-life contexts
- Use a calculator and information technologies appropriately
Students who love maths.
Pupils should have achieved a grade A or better at GCSE (Higher).
Pupils will be considered if they have achieved a B grade GCSE but pupils will also require a recommendation from their key stage 4 teacher.
Pupils must have been in set 1 or 2 in Years 10 and 11
- Module Core Maths 1
- Module Core Maths 2
- Applied Module – Statistics 1
All modules are assessed in June. All modules are equally weighted. There is no coursework.
- Module Core Maths 3
- Module Core Maths 4
- Applied Module – Mechanics 1
All A2 modules are assessed in June. All modules are equally weighted. There is no coursework.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Chew Valley School directly.