Art (Fine Art) at St Mary's Catholic School
Awarding Body: OCR.
The aims of these syllabuses in Art and Design are to stimulate, encourage and develop:
- The ability to perceive, understand and express concepts and feelings;
- The ability to record from direct observation and personal experience;
- The ability to communicate by using appropriate materials and techniques in a disciplined way;
- Experimentation, innovation and the use of intuition and imagination;
- Critical and analytical faculties;
- The ability to identify, research and evaluate the problems in a systematic way;
- Confidence, initiative and sense of adventure and achievement;
- The acquisition of a relevant working vocabulary;
- An awareness and appreciation of the interdependence of Art and the individual within cultural contexts.
B in Art.
At AS level:
Students will complete a substantial coursework unit culminating in a cohesive final outcome, a Personal Investigation and a 5 Hour Controlled Assignment;
At A2 level:
Students will direct their own coursework unit theme this will culminate in a final piece. They will also produce a Personal Study and sit a 15 Hour Controlled Test. It is vitally important that Students understand the time consuming nature of the course and are motivated to complete 5 Hours of independent study each week.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Mary's Catholic School directly.