Media Studies *FEES PAYABLE* at Akeley Wood Senior School
WJEC's GCE in Media Studies aims to provide a coherent and integrated approach to studying the media at AS and A Level. The distinctive features of the specification are:
- an introduction to analysing a range of media, including the rapidly developing digital media
- an emphasis on the key role that representation plays in the media
- a focus on the way audiences/users are positioned by the media but may still respond or interact in diverse ways
- an opportunity to explore media issues raised in MS1 in a creative context as well as to develop appropriate production skills
- an opportunity to research topics in the media which form the basis for production work, thus enabling students to develop research and production skills
- a progression towards exploring the relationship between media texts, their audiences and the organisations which produce and distribute them.
You need to have at least a C in English at GCSE level. Otherwise there are no rigid course requirements.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Akeley Wood Senior School directly.