Beauty Therapy Techniques Level Three Diploma at East Riding College
This course covers the more advanced areas of beauty therapy and builds on the skills learned in the level two beauty therapy course.
- Working with colleagues
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication
- Promoting and selling products and services to clients
- Providing body massage
- Providing facial electrotherapy treatments
- Providing body electrotherapy treatments
- Providing massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Providing Indian head massage
- Applying micro-dermabrasion
- Four GCSEs grade A* to C
- All learners will be required to sit an anatomy and physiology test and undertake a practical skills test to demonstrate their competence for level three
- Level Two Diploma in Beauty Therapy or equivalent
- Good College attendance record and proven academic record
- An enthusiastic approach, pleasant personality and good communication skills
- The ability to work with others
- Satisfactory College interview and school recommendations/references
- A high standard of personal presentation and hygiene
- An initial assessment
Assessment is through observation of practical skills carried out on paying customers in the salon environment. Learners also participate in written and oral questioning or online multi-choice tests.
This qualification could help you gain employment in beauty salons, health farms and fitness centres; as a representative for a cosmetics company; on board luxury cruise liners; in the arts and entertainment industry; with beauty consultancies; and in your own business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.