Public Services BTEC Level 2 Diploma at South Tyneside College
This course will offer the students opportunities to study various aspects and topics within the Public Services such as; leadership, teamwork, employability skills and outdoor adventurous training and activities. The level 3 is a one year course and consists of one mandatory unit plus optional units that provide for a combined total of 120 credits including 60 from the Subsidiary Diploma.
- Understanding Discipline in the Uniformed Public Services
An example of some of the Optional Units
- Physical Preparation, Health and Lifestyle for the Public Services
- Fitness Testing and Training for the Uniformed Public Services
- International Institutions and Human Rights
- Understand the Impact of War, Conflict and Terrorism on Public Service
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
- Skills for Land-based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Crime and its Effects on Society
- Command and Control in the Uniformed Public Services
- Responding to Emergency Service Incidents
- Planning and Management of Major Incidents
- Career Planning for the Public Services
Full Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Public Services. One or more GCSE grade at C or above.
Assessment is by a combination of submitted assignments and practical tasks that are internally assessed and then externally verified.
The BTEC L2 Diploma in Public Services is aimed at individuals who may be considering a career within or associated with the Public Services (Uniformed) industry. It may also be used as an entry qualification for the BTEC L3 Diploma Public Services.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Tyneside College directly.