Sport and Exercise Science - Level 3 BTEC National Diploma or Extended Diploma at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
On this course you will develop a range of skills through units which include:
- Sport and exercise physiology
- Functional anatomy
- Applied sport and exercise psychology
- Field and laboratory-based fitness testing
- Applied research methods in sport
- Coaching for performance and fitness and exercise science
- Biomechanics in sport and exercise science
- Specialised fitness training
- Research project in sport and exercise science
- Physical activity for individual and group based exercise
- Sports massage
- Sociocultural issues in sport and exercise
- Nutrition for sport and exercise performance
As part of the course you will be expected to complete a minimum of 80 hours work placement for 'on the job' training and assessment.
- Five GCSEs with at least 4 points (grade C) including English, maths and science.
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
Mature students (those aged 21 or over) who do not have the qualifications required for entry may still be eligible, subject to an interview. Relevant experience, a strong portfolio of work and a commitment to the subject you wish to study may be acceptable for certain courses.
- Practical and task-based work
- Case studies
This course provides an appropriate background for those who want to progress to courses in Higher Education (foundation degrees and full honours degrees) including the
Foundation Degree in Sport (Exercise Science) or Foundation Degree in Sport (Coaching and Development) available at West Notts College, and other university level courses in a related subject area.
It also provides a route into a career in the sports industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.