Sports Studies - Football - Level 2 Diploma at Milton Keynes College
Do you have a keen interest in football? Is your goal to work within the football industry? Do you currently play to a high standard and want to develop your skills and ability while gaining further qualifications. Then this course is for you.
- Planning and leading sports activities
- Sport and leisure facility operations
- Anatomy and physiology for sport
- Business skills in sport
- Technical skills and tactical awareness for sport
- Psychology for sports performance
- Planning and running a sports event
- Injuries in sport
- Understanding how to manage own career in sport.
In addition you will study Functional skills or GCSE qualifications which are designed to provide the necessary levels of English and maths skills needed to ‘function’ in today’s society and workplace. They are a key component of all College programmes.
- 5 GCSEs A-D including English
- Successful completion of Level 1 Preparing for employment in Active Industries
- An excellent reference.
You will be continually assessed throughout the course through set project work. You will also up-skill in English and maths and complete various assessments and/or and end of unit exam.
On successful completion of this course you can progress to one of the following:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport: Football
- Employment within the sport and active leisure industry
- A sport and active leisure related apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.