Childcare and Education - Level 2 at South Devon College
The aim of this 18 month intermediate apprenticeship is to prepare you to work with children between birth and five years old, with a supporting knowledge of children up to seven years old. You will be fully employed with an employer in roles such as nursery assistant, classroom assistant or pre-school assistants. The College can support you in finding a suitable employer if necessary. Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you may be able to progress onto the advanced Level 3 Childcare and Education apprenticeship, and refine your skills further.
What will I learn?
- Supporting physical care routines for children
- The role of the early years practitioner
- Legislation relating to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Planning and meeting the needs of the developing child
- Supporting children's play
- Support the needs of the child in preparing for school
- Supporting children's positive behaviour
- Supporting healthy lifestyles for children through food and nutrition
- Supporting healthy lifestyles for children through exercise
- Supporting children with additional needs
- You will be required to be working towards achieving Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to be working towards achieving English at Level 1
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
- You will need to complete a DBS Check
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.