Fitness Level 3 Apprenticeship at Bridgwater College
This course is offered to individuals already working in the fitness industry who wish to study through work based learning. The course places great emphasis on practical ability backed up with an understanding of the principles involved. The Advanced Apprenticeship offers high quality training, to meet fitness industry standards. The qualifications are designed by the industry for employers and this ensures that the training received will equip students with the required skills.
Whilst at work, students will receive comprehensive practical training designed to develop competence in carrying out relevant tasks that the employer will value.
The course is divided three sections:
- YMCA Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- YMCA Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
Course content will be tailored to the needs of the individual and could include;
- Principles of exercise
- Fitness and health
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Design, manage and adapt a personal training programme with clients
- Motivate clients to maintain long term adherence to exercise and physical activity
- Deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a personal training programme
- Evaluate exercise and physical activity programmes
- GCSEs in the A*– C range
- Initial assessment
- Multiple choice exams
- Practical assessments
- Portfolio of evidence
Students will be visited regularly by a qualified assessor to check on progression and to ensure that they are building evidence towards their final qualification.
Successful completion of the course could lead to employment opportunities as a qualified Personal Trainer & responsible positions in allied industries. Students can progress to study a Foundation Degree at Level 4 and 5 within Sports Coaching, Health, Fitness & Exercise, Sports Development, Sports Science and Leisure Management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.