Level 3 GCE AS Level in English Language FTS at Chesterfield College
In English you learn to understand and analyse the use of language in various types of texts, spoken and written, for particular contexts and audiences and explore how children develop their spoken and written skills. You will study:
- language - the individual and society
- children’s language development
- language diversity and change
- how language has evolved through the use of media and technology
- You will then put this knowledge to use in your coursework by writing your own pieces, accompanied by commentary which explores the writing processes you used
Ideally you will be achieving at least 5 A*-C grades at GCSE (or equivalent). This should include GCSE Maths and English.
Yes - If it's your first full Level 3 and you're aged 19-23 your course is funded otherwise Advanced learner loans are available
You will be able to progress to university level study or on to employment.
'• Where costs are quoted in this document they are correct at the time of publication, but may be changed• Timetables are given as an indication only, these may vary• Weeks shown are the maximum number expected• The formation of a class is conditional
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.