Dumpers at The Construction Skills People Ltd
This assessment is designed for those involved in operating Dumpers to show their competence in this equipment.
Categories: WHEELED – TRACKED
To successfully pass the assessment the operator must be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the dumper for site and road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, both in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded state.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Position the dumper to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Discharge loads into trenches or over edges.
- Place the dumper in an out-of service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Construction Skills People Ltd directly.