Hairdressing Level 3 advanced Apprenticeship at Carshalton College
Advanced Apprentices take the skills they learnt at Level 2 a step further by developing their cutting and colouring skills so they can carry out all the latest fashion techniques.
Opportunities also exist to have more senior job roles in the hairdressing industry leading to salon management and ownership.
The framework consists of:
- VTCT NVQ Level 3 in Hairdressing
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Creatively colour and lighten hair
- Provide client consultation service
Optional units - two to be selected
- Hair colour correction services
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of promotional activities
Candidates who have previously completed a full Level 2 hairdressing qualification.
Suitable for anyone working, a minimum of 30 hours per week paid employment, in a hairdressing salon.
Coursework, assignments, practical assessments, written assessments, workplace assessment, portfolio building, exams.
Progression from the Advanced Apprenticeship can be to Higher Education courses - for example, Foundation Degrees and Honour Degrees in Hairdressing Salon Management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carshalton College directly.