Food and Beverage Supervision Level 3 Diploma at North Hertfordshire College
Our catering and hospitality courses include lots of opportunities for you to get hands-on experience of the world of work, including:
- Work experience with businesses like Galvin at Windows, Alimentum, Hermitage Road and Hanbury Manor
- Visits to Billingsgate Seafood School, Hanbury Manor and Fine Food Fair
- Attending the Game to Eat Workshop for level 3 professional cookery students
- Attending the environmental health presentation.
Food and beverage service: you’ll learn about the supervision of food and drink preparation, food safety for catering, promotion of food and beverage services and products. You’ll also learn about customer service in hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism,
how to supervise hospitality events as well as the legal and social responsibilities within
Through this course you’ll learn about:
- Supervising and legislation in food and beverage services
- Food safety supervision for catering
- Promoting food and beverage services and products
- Supervising customer service in hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism
- Barista skills
- Preparing and serving wines; cocktails; alcoholic and cold non-alcoholic beverages
- Providing advice to customers on food and beverage matching
- Supervising hospitality events.
To join this course, you’ll need:
- A level 2 diploma in professional cookery or equivalent industry skills and experience.
This course is assessed through assignments and projects. You’ll only sit exams if you’re also doing maths or English GCSE or functional skills.
Price on application.
There are no tuition fees for students aged 16-18 years.
This programme is eligible for Advanced Learner Loans.
Possible charges for any trips or visits offered during the year will be independent of the tuition fees or any other student finance.
Financial help may be available for these costs, please contact Student Services for more information.
Having successfully completed this course, you’ll be able to progress to:
- Catering and hospitality courses at university
- Paid employment in the sector.
Please visit our website for further information - www.nhc.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.