English Literature at Hazel Grove High School
The study of English Literature will encourage you to develop your interest in all aspects of literature. This course is designed to encourage you to:
* Use literary appraoches in your reading and interpretations of texts
* Apply literary approaches and concepts to texts
* Read widely and critically across centuries, genre and gender
* Experience an extensive range of views about texts
* Undertake independent and sustained studies to critically evaluate works of literature.
In the main, entry depends on the attitudes and aspirations of the prospective Sixth Formers. All students should be able to demonstrate willingness to progress and a desire to do well. You must show a commitment to making the best use of opportunities available and an ability to succeed with the course you choose. In general, if you wish to study an Advanced Level course you will need a minimum of 5 GCSE passes at grade C or above including Maths and English. A minimum of a B GCSE grade must be achieved in a subject if you want to study it for A level. Many subjects can be studied at A Level with a B grade in a similar subject, if the student has not studied that subject at GCSE. See individual subject details.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hazel Grove High School directly.