Fitness Instructing Level 2 Certificate at Tresham College of Further and Higher Education
This qualification is ideal for anyone wanting to become a qualified Gym Instructor working in the exercise and fitness industy.
You will study the following subjects:
1. How the body works (anatomy and physiology)
2. How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments
3. How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
4. How to communicate with and motivate clients effectively
5. The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme
Prior gym / exercise experience, a good level of health, good communication and English skills.
Assessment for this course consists of a multiple choice theory paper/eAssessment, a practical examination and worksheets
If you are aged 19 or over, in receipt of any benefits and are unemployed, your course could be free of charge if it could help you find work. If you are working
less than 16 hours per week on the National Minimum Wage (or £330 per month) then you may also be entitled to free courses. A self-declaration form must be completed to qualify.
If you are aged 19-23 at the start of your course and do not already have a full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification then you may not have to pay any fees. Please see the fees and funding section more details.
For more advice on course fees and funding, please contact our Customer Services Team on 0345 658 8990.
Work as a qualified Gym / Fitness Instructor and/or progress onto the Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tresham College of Further and Higher Education directly.