Geography A Level at Neale-Wade Academy
Studying A level Geography will encourage students to:
· develop and apply an understanding of geographical concepts and processes to understand and interpret our changing world
· develop an awareness of the complexity of interactions within and between societies, economies, cultures and environments
· develop as global citizens who recognise the challenges of sustainability and the implications for people’s lives
· improve as critical and reflective learners aware of the importance of attitudes and values
· become adept in the use and application of skills and new technologies
· be inspired by the world around them.
· Water and carbon cycles
· Coastal systems and landscapes
· Natural hazards
· Global systems and governance
· Changing Places
· Population and the Environment
AQA A Level in Geography
Students will sit exams as follows:
· Paper 1 – Physical Geography (40% of A level)
· Paper 2 – Human Geography (40% of A level)
Students will also complete an individual fieldwork investigation worth 20% of the A level.
A Level Geography allows for progression into a wide range of further education and career opportunities. This includes Geography related areas such as planning, architecture, environmental sciences, engineering, geology, and meteorology, as well as a wide range of other areas including law, business, accountancy and other humanities or science based subjects.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.