Football Academy (FEMALE) BTEC at Easton & Otley College
The sports academy pathway allows students to combine study for an academic qualification alongside their personal development as sports performers. The programme comprises a number of support services to performers including:
- Services of an appropriately qualified and experienced coach
- Sports psychology
- Access to injury prevention and rehabilitation services
- Nutritional advice/guidance and support
- Strength and conditioning training
A typical programme of study for a sports academy student would be as follows:
- BTEC Level 2 or 3 qualification
- A minimum of 4 hours coaching in your chosen sport
- 1 hour strength and conditioning
- Additional coaching or leadership qualifications
The Football Academy is a one or two year programme designed to give talented and motivated young footballers the opportunity to develop their skills, fitness and knowledge while continuing in full-time education.
The football academy pathway teams currently play in the British Colleges Sport leagues. The pathway recognises and encourages the talents of players whilst studying for an academic qualification. The time devoted to technical and physical development is maximised while ensuring competitive games are part of the overall programme. There are extensive progression pathways through links to local clubs at various levels.
- Foundation degree in Sports Coaching at Easton Campus
- Other Higher Education courses
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.