English Literature A-level at South Essex College
This course will give you the knowledge and skills required to go on to higher education and pursue a career in this field.
System ref: #35249
- literary genres: aspects of tragedy
- a Shakespeare play, second drama text, one novel and poetry
- evaluate approaches to, for example, heroes, villains, women, race, politics and power
- text and genres: elements of political and social protest writing
- a post-2000 novel, one poetry text, one other text prose or drama
- explore power and powerlessness at the core of each text
- theory and independence: select two texts and analyse them through the lens of a specic criterical theory, for example Marxism, feminism or post-colonialism
- English language at grade six/grade B or above
- English literature at grade six/grade B or above
- maths at grade four/grade C or above
- two additional GCSEs at grade C or above
- wriiten examination: 80%
- coursework components: 20%
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
This course, in combination with other A-level subjects, will prepare you for a wide range of university degrees in the creative and social sciences, including English literature, drama, law, history and sociology.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.