Geography A Level at Berwick Academy
The AQA A Level Geography will be examined at the end of Year 12 and at the end of Year 13. Study falls into two components.
- Component 1 - Physical Geography and People and the Environment
- Component 2 - Human Geography and Geography Fieldwork Investigation
- Component 1 - Physical Geography
- Component 2 - Human Geography
- Component 3 - Individual Fieldwork Investigation
Topics will come from the following:
- Water and Carbon cycles
- Hot deserts and their margins/Coastal systems and landscapes
- Hazards/Contemporary Urban Environments
- Global systems and Global governance
- Changing places
- Contemporary Urban Environments/population/resource security
GCSE Geography at Grade C
Year 12 - 2 X 1 1/2 hour exams (multi choice, short answer and levelled)
Year 13 - 2 X 2 1/2 hour exams (multi choice, short answer, levelled and essay) Plus 3000-4000 word investigation.
ALL students must take part in fieldwork. 1-2 days in term 1 and one week at the end of year 12.
- Hazard Management
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Berwick Academy directly.