Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 Certificate at Southport College
To develop the knowledge, skills and practice required for specialist support for children and young people’s learning in schools.
Candidates will undertake 11 units of study to include:
• Communication and relationships with children young people and adults
• Schools as organisations
• Support learning activities
• Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
• Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
• Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
• Support assessment for learning
• Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
• Support children and young people’s health and safety
• Understand child and young person development
• Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
Adult literacy and numeracy skills allow people to work confidently, effectively and independently in life; from working out which deal is best value to writing an application letter. Learners build on their previous knowledge and achievements, to demonstrate how they can apply their learning to real situations.
Southport College is committed to ensuring our learners acquire literacy and numeracy skills by making them part of all full-time adult courses, with options to study on a part time basis where appropriate. The level of each skill will be at the appropriate level for the learner
• GCSE English and Maths grade C or above or
level 2 adult literacy and numeracy
• Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning
• Candidates who have not achieved level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning will be considered but they must be working in a school. Voluntary candidates must have a minimum of 12 months experience and satisfactory reference from the head teacher
There is no exam but candidates will be guided to submit a portfolio of evidence.
Candidates will also be assessed in the workplace (School)
Employment as Teaching Assistant levels 1 & 2 & 3
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southport College directly.