Bricklaying City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma at Calderdale College
This course is for people interested in a career as a trades person, working in the construction industry. This course is ideal for developing skills in Brickwork. This is a practical and theory based course which consists of you working through a number of technical and practical units.
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- Principles of Building Construction, Information and Communication
- Contribute to Setting Out and Building of Masonry Structures up to Damp Proof Course
- Carrying Out Brick Laying Activities
- Carrying Out Block Laying Activities
- Carrying Out Cavity Walling Activities
- Each unit will include an externally set assessment to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of the unit.
All applicants will be required to have successfully completed a practical assessment and suitability day.
Continuous assessment throughout the course based on practical observation, portfolio of evidence, written assessments and online exams.
This course is free for students age 16 - 18.
All successful students may have the opportunity to progress onto a Brickwork Diploma Level 2 or an NVQ Level 2 through the work based evidence route. Employment opportunities could include an apprenticeship in your chosen trade area.
Please complete an application form and return it to us at the following freepost address:-
Calderdale College Central Admissions Unit, FREEPOST HX2 004, Francis Street, Halifax, HX1 3BR
or click the link to apply online: www.calderdale.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Calderdale College directly.