Health and Social Care - Triple Vocational A Level (BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma) at Bolton Sixth Form College
Do you Care? Do you want to make a difference to people’s lives?Then this course will enable you to develop both the knowledge and the practical skills required for working in the health or social care sectors. It will provide transferable knowledge and skills that prepare you for progression to university. Some of the transferable skills that are valued include the ability to:
- learn independently
- research actively and methodically
- give presentations and be an active group member
This qualification has been designed to be the only qualification in a two-year, full-time study programme; it is an in-depth study of the health and social care sector and is equivalent to three A Levels.
It supports progression to health and social care related degrees.
The content of the qualification incorporates topics relevant across the health and social care sector and is a combination of external examinations and coursework:
- Human Lifespan Development
- Working in Health and Social Care
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
- Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care
- Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
- Work Experience in Health and Social Care
- Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care
- Promoting Public Health
Students will be expected to have five GCSEs at grade A*C/9-4, or a Merit in a relevant vocational Level 2 Diploma (or equivalent). In addition, students will need a grade 4 in GCSE English Language and a minimum grade 3 in Mathematics. This is a vocational course which requires a professional attitude.
No course fees are applicable for 16-18 year old learners who meet funding regulations.
Each unit is applied to working in a range of care settings, ensuring you have a broad skill set to underpin work in health care. As a result the course will prepare you well for studies in Health or Social Care. Also, the placement opportunities will provide you with the hands on experience required for studying at university.Students who study BTEC Health & Social Care go on to study a range of courses at university such as:
- BSc (Hons) in Nursing
- BA (Hons) in Social Work
- BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy
- BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy
- BSc (Hons) in Speech Therapy
- BA (Hons) in Health and Social Care
Please visit the College website www.bolton-sfc.ac.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further course information.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bolton Sixth Form College directly.