BTEC Sport (Single) - Block A @ The Leigh Academy at LAT16 Leigh
BTEC Sport will provide a coherent introduction to study of the sport sector, as part of a two-year programme.
In units assessed by assignments, we will create an assignment brief for students to carry out set tasks and create evidence to work-related scenarios. Assignments can include research, projects, investigations, fieldwork, and experiments, and often link theory with practical exercises.
· Anatomy & Physiology (written exam, externally marked must be passed, 1 hour 30 minute exam that will contain a mix of short and long answer questions.)
· Fitness Training & Programming for Health, Sport & Well-being (synoptic task unit externally marked & unit must be passed)
· Professional Development in the Sports Industry (internal assignment internally marked, must be passed)
· + Optional unit at the teacher’s discretion
- 5 GCSEs A*-C (9-4)
- Grade 4 in English Language or Literature
- C grade in a Science related subject
- C grade in Physical Education
- C grade in the PE written examination
Externally marked units: Each external assessment for a BTEC National is linked to a specific unit. All of the units developed for external assessment are to allow learners to demonstrate breadth and depth of achievement. Each assessment is taken under specified conditions, then marked by Pearson and a grade awarded. Learners must achieve all external units at pass grade or above. Learners are permitted to resit any external assessment only once during their programme.
Internally-assessed units: Most units in the sector are internally assessed and subject to external standards verification. This means that you set and assess the assignments that provide the final summative assessment of each unit,
Synoptic assessment: Synoptic assessment requires learners to demonstrate that they can identify and use effectively, in an integrated way, an appropriate selection of skills, techniques, concepts, theories and knowledge from across the whole sector as relevant to a key task. BTEC learning has always encouraged learners to apply their learning in realistic
This course will prepare you for an Undergraduate degree course at University.
Careers could include:
- Sports Coach
- PE Teacher
- Sports Therapist
- Performance Analysis
Matteo Stamato, Director of Learning Physical Education
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.