Mathematics A-Level OUN at Invictus Sixth Form
Studying Mathematics will:
• Provide a stimulating and challenging course;
• develop key employability skills such as problem-solving, logical reasoning, communication and resilience;
• increase knowledge and understanding of mathematical techniques and their applications;
• support the study of other A Level subjects;
• provide excellent preparation for a wide range of university courses;
• lead to a versatile qualification that is well-respected by employers and higher education.
A Level Mathematics is a mix of pure (core) mathematics and applications of mathematics (covering statistics and mechanics).
The pure units cover topics such as algebra, graphs, calculus and trigonometry.
Specific Entry Requirements for this course (in addition to at least 5 Grade 5s inc. English and Maths):
Grade 7 or higher GCSE Mathematics
100% exam (2 exams in Year 12, 3 exams in Year 13). Pure mathematics consists of 67% of marks, Statistics and mechanics 33%.
Analyst, Engineer, Accountant, Actuary, Banking, Air-traffic controller, Astronaut.
Mr L Roberts (Assistant Head Teacher Mathematics)
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.