Health & Social Care Apprenticeship at Uxbridge College
This apprenticeship covers a wide range of job roles on two pathways: the adult social care pathway and the health care pathway. This could mean working in the NHS, the private sector, local authorities or in the voluntary sectors.
Social care is about helping people with a particular need, such as the disabled, the elderly or people with learning disabilities. This type of care usually takes place in the home or in care homes or out in the community, and can include anything from helping people get dressed to transporting them to and from a residential home or taking them shopping.
On the Health Care pathway, you could work in hospitals, the community, hospices or private clinics as a healthcare support worker or a healthcare assistant. You could be supporting doctors or nurses or helping patients in hospital wards or their homes.
Level 2 and 3:
- Role of the social care worker
- Person centred approaches
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in Health & Social Care
- Handle information in Health & Social Care setting
- Introduction to communication in Health & Social Care settings.
- Aged 16+
- Working in or interested in Social Care
- Need to complete a basic skills assessment in literacy and numeracy
Assessments are carried out in your workplace.
Our assessor will come and visit you at work every 6-8 weeks and assess you in your job role. Visits usually last around two hours.
There is no cost for you to do an apprenticeship if you are 16-23 years old and you will be paid a wage.
NUS Apprentice extra Card
Apprentices can get discounts at over 120 high street and online retailers, please visit www.apprenticeextra.co.uk for more information.
Apprentice Oyster photocard
Apprentices can get up to 30% discounts on travel within London Borough. For more information, please visit https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/adultdiscounts-and-concessions/apprentice-oysterphotocard
- Further study: If you complete a Level 2 Apprenticeship, you may be able to progress onto Level 3. Apprentices that complete Level 3 may be able to go onto a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship.
- Job opportunities: Level 2: Healthcare support worker, healthcare assistant, care assistant, personal assistant, relief team worker, night care assistant and support worker. Level 3: Senior healthcare support worker, senior healthcare assistant, care officer, care supervisor, senior care worker, supervising care worker, senior support worker, relief team leader and social work assistant.
Contact our apprenticeships department on
- 01895 853622 / 01895 853333
Please see the frequently asked questions on the next page for more information!
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Uxbridge College directly.